Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Wednesday, September 17, 2008


In a recent interview with the UK's Daily Mail newspaper, Rihanna spoke about her finances, being in the spotlight as well as shedding light on the direction of her new album.

On Her Finances

“You can’t get away from the business side. It takes over. The minute you get into the business side, it becomes you. I get business reports all the time because it’s my money. And I stay on top by living it, breathing it, thinking about it every day and every night.”

On The Paparazzi Following Her Home

“Barbados should be off-limits. It should be a getaway for me. My family lives there. It’s sacred. But these people follow me all the way to my home, all the way to the beach. It sucks. I spend most of my life in the public eye, but I don’t want to do that all the time. I don’t always want to be in front of a camera or looking my best. Sometimes, I just want to be me. But that’s hard when people wait outside my house and chase me. They follow me, they yell at me, and I can’t stop them.

On Being Overworked

I don’t want to work like a horse any more. When I first started, I didn’t know what to expect and I went with the flow. I got burned out, but I thought that’s how it was supposed to be. Even Jay looked at my schedule and thought it was crazy. I don’t ever want to hate what I do. I don’t ever want to say, ‘Ugh! Another day of this!’ I just want a gentler pace that allows me to recuperate and still love and enjoy it.”

On Relationships

It’s tough to have a relationship and be famous. And even if I’m not in a relationship, people want to match me up, or be in my private life all the time. It makes things difficult.”

“I want happiness. I want to have someone who is willing to grow with me, respect me, and I will give that back. They need to be a good person to me. That’s all.”

On Her New Album (Due Early Next Year)

I’m not going to give anything away but it’s going to be very edgy. Good Girl Gone Bad definitely spoke to a year in my life, a year of attitude. It stood for who I am – the attitude, the edge. My next album will take it up a notch. I want to keep growing. I don’t want to get stuck. I want to change.”

0 comments: