Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Usher Prepping 'Worldwide' Album


Despite Usher's last album 'Here I Stand' having hit stores just a few months ago, the R&B crooner is already readying the follow-up. Check out the report via Billboard below:
Usher plans to make his next album a "worldwide entertainment experience."

The singer, who launches his One Night Stand Ladies Only tour on Sunday in Atlantic City, N.J., told Billboard.com during a conference call that his follow up to this year's platinum "Here I Stand" will be "all about adapting new musical styles in creating a unique blend between what I know works here in America and what I know will be appreciated worldwide. I may go to France and do some work. I may go to London ... Japan.

"There's tons of artists I want to work with abroad. I can't give you specific (names) but I am interested in working with artists who are out of the range I'm accustomed to. I want to try new things."

Usher said he hasn't started recording but that the album would be the next thing on his docket, following the tour and an "ensemble" movie that's among the film projects he's considering. He might dig into some existing material -- "There's tons (of songs) leftover from all four albums I've done," Usher acknowledged but added that "When I work I work ... based where I am and what my story is at the moment," meaning his focus will likely be on fresh material.

0 comments: