Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lil' Kim (Getty)It was only a few weeks ago that rapper Lil' Kim spat profanity-laced venom in Nicki Minaj's digital direction on Twitter, calling the Pink Friday rapper a "coward lame ass b***h." Now the '90s hip-hop staple has taken umbrage with R&B singer Keyshia Cole—although she may have more reason this time around.

The latest Twitter war kicked off when Keyshia tweeted, "N while we're addressing everything, Lil Kim and I a r not "friends" I take that term very seriously. We made wonderful music. That is it." 

Cole had apparently become frustrated by Lil' Kim fans who had accused her of being disloyal to the pint-sized rapper. The two had worked together on the 2007 Missy Elliot-produced track "Let It Go," but Cole's ties to Kim didn't keep her from collaborating with Kim's known nemesis Nicki Minaj on the song "I Ain't Thru" last year.

Lil' Kim responded to Keyshia's tweet with lightning speed, firing off these tweets in quick succession:

  • "U got that right. We are not friends. The same way U take friendship seriously i take loyalty serious."
  • "The whole world has seen me extend my hand to u over and over again."
  • Only someone who's trying to build a sincere relationship does shows 4 free & supports. u did not pay me a dime for none of that."
  • "That warrants some type of loyalty and respect."
  • "Friend or no friend i would have never let anybody disrespect u on my record but i can't expect everyone to be as real as i am."
  • "At the end of the day karma is as real as i am and it's coming to get u. oh wait...if it hasnt got u already..."
  • "My love $ loyalty to u got u a hit, ur friendship with ur friend got u a flop."

It went on, but it wasn't nearly as interesting as that time Lil' Kim got all hot and bothered over a fake tweet, especially since Ms. Cole didn't seem particularly interested in fanning the flames. She wrote, "all I'm saying is don't have everyone thinking I was disloyal as a "friends" cause we were never that and u know it. No disrespect," and, "I don't have beef with anyone. I'm done. I feel the way I feel about friendship and loyalty. I ain't never been fake. All I'm saying."

0 comments: