Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Wednesday, July 23, 2008



In a couple of weeks Beijing will turn into a party town and Sanlitun is predicted to be the epicenter of the Olympic night events. The South China Morning Post has however reported that the bar owners in the area were asked to refuse service to black patrons. The article reports:







Bar owners near the Workers' Stadium in central Beijing say they have been forced by Public Security Bureau officials to sign pledges agreeing not to let black people enter their premises.
"Uniformed Public Security Bureau officers came into the bar recently and told me not to serve black people or Mongolians," said the co-owner of a western-style bar, who asked not to be named. (Source)

File this under "I Can't......... It's 2008, almost 2009 and we still face issues such as these. On December 2, 1865, Alabama became the 27th state to ratify the 13th Amendment, thus giving it the requisite three-fourths majority of states' approval necessary to make it the law of the land, 246 years after the first shipload of captive Africans landed at Jamestown, Virginia, and were bought as slaves. We have came a along way, it has been many years, and we still face this. I struggled with myself before I posted this to see if it was something I wanted to do, and after I thought about it I remembered the people of yesterday - Dr. Martin Luther King, Benjamin Banneker, Booker T. Washington, George Washington Carver, Frederick Douglass, Robert Smalls, Harriet Tubman. The People of today - Nelson Mandela @ 90, Sidney Poitier @ 81, and Mya Angelou @ 80. Then I think about our future Obama in 08 means change......... I stand up! I speak out! I want CHANGE!!!!! This story/post is for J.R.O.S!!! SAYIT!!!

4 comments:

JROS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JROS said...

We have a long way to go!! However, we have to exercise our rights in the same manner they were fought for & won preceding this event. This act of equality in which we are striving to implement starts @ home.

Unknown said...

AMAZING! I stand with you J.R. Actually the picture you have posted has meant a lot to me because TOMMY SMITH was my college track and field coach. He was the most amazing, insightful, and positive coach/person that I think I have met. I can only hope to make an impact in someone elses life like he has in mine. We all ned to remember where our people came from and continue to fight for progress.

Anonymous said...

What it do !.This is a very unfortunate situation.Who picked this spot for the Olympics ? How was Beijing even an option ?! I mean how was the fuckin meeting to get this officially passed......"So what can I do for you today ? Sir, we have berry big puabrem. Evy time buack man go in bar him never leave any girl for me...dis very big puabrem so I tink we need to ban buack man from every bar beijing ! ISAIDIT!