Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy 50th B-Day Mike!!!


The undisputed King of Pop Michael Jackson turns 50 today. I know, time really does fly by...

For over 4 decades Michael has thrilled music listeners and audiences alike with his unmatched catalogue of hits and stage show performances. Arguably the greatest performer of all time, Michael's impact on music resonates till this very day; and no doubt will continue to do so for years to come.

Speaking from his home in California, Michael talked with Good Morning America yesterday about his big day, reminisced on his storied career as well as future plans:

On his plans for his big day:
"Just have a little cake with my children and we'll probably watch some cartoons -- before getting right back to work.

His greatest achievements (Songs) / Future plans:
Oh boy, that's a hard one," he said, before singling out "We Are the World," "Billie Jean" and "Thriller."

But Jackson was not content to rest on his laurels, saying, "I am still looking forward to doing a lot of great things."

He hopes to release new music and tour, though he doesn't have dates set.

"I am writing all the time," he said. "I love composing and the whole thing. But I am also raising my children and enjoying it and teaching them to ride bicycles and how to read. I love it."

On his kids:
Asked if he'd like his two sons and daughter to have the same sort of upbringing as him, he said he'd prefer to let them "enjoy their childhood as much as possible."

"I let them go to the arcade and go to the movies and do things," he said. "I want them to get to do the kind of things I didn't get to do. So, I fill them with a lot of enjoyment that way -- a lot of amusement. You know?

"I get pretty emotional when I see them having a wonderful time," he added, "when they are on a ride and they are screaming and they are happy. ... It makes me emotional, 'cause I see they are having a real good time."

Jackson said his kids "love music ... they are very much into the arts," but that, "I don't push them."

0 comments: