Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Friday, August 28, 2009


He’s in the midst of the hectic Idols Live tour, dodging “provocative items” tossed on stage by hysterical fans, but Adam Lambert has been hard at work on his debut album, which he says is well underway.
“We did a lot of work on it right before the tour started. I wrote a lot with various producers and writers and recorded a handful of songs,” he told DIDNTINVITEME on a call during a stop in Columbus, Ohio. “We’ve been doing a lot of work on it during the tour as well … We’re still gathering material and we’re scheduling more recording sessions for when it’s over, so we’re about halfway done.”

Lambert, who’s already done a photo shoot for the album, promises it will be “quite eclectic.”
“There are songs on there that are anthems; there are song that make you want to dance; there are songs that make you feel sexy; there are songs that touch you, hopefully, with more emotional, insightful, deeper lyrics,” he says. “There are songs that are more in the line with a rock sound. There are some that are really pop-oriented.”
There’s something for everyone, according to Idol’s reigning runner-up, which “I’m really proud of,” he says. “I can’t wait to see people’s reaction. It’s just going to be fun.”

Something else to be proud of: His recent partnership with DonorsChoose.org, an online charity effort aimed at getting high-need public school classrooms the resources and supplies they need.
After the Idol finale, “I started getting gifts like crazy and people really starting to spend a lot of money on things for me,” Lambert says. “I don’t need them to spend money on me. I’d rather they spend money on people in need, so I thought I would redirect that energy.”

At DonorsChoose.org, teachers post exactly what students need for specific educational projects and donors can choose the projects they want to support.
“It seemed like such a convenient and really well thought-out way to help kids out in public schools, especially the kids in the arts programs, which is where I’m focusing my efforts,” says Lambert, whose fan groups are in competition with each other to raise the most money at DonorsChoose.org/adamlambert.

“They get really competitive with each other,” he says of the fans, who’ve raised more than $57,000 so far. “I’m glad that we gave them something to fight over.”
That way, maybe they’ll ease up on throwing those “provocative items.”
“I know that the people that are throwing it up on the stage are getting as much a kick out of it as I am,” he says. “It makes me laugh. When they actually throw it at me, though, that’s a little scary.”

0 comments: