Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Thursday, April 15, 2010

In the May issue of ShapeEllen DeGeneres dishes on how she keeps her figure and how her wife Portia de Rossi helps keep her healthy and grounded.

The happy couple at the Daytime Emmy Awards. (Getty Images)"[Portia] loves me no matter what. Whenever I feel bad about myself, or if I'm in a period where I'm not working out, she's constantly telling me that she doesn't notice, that I look beautiful. She'll say, 'I think you could gain 10 more pounds,'" says the 52-year-old comedian and television host.

Says DeGeneres, "She would rather have me heavier than thinner, and she really hates that I ever doubt myself. She loves how I look. She wants me to be happy and never think about it."

For all the positive reinforcement, DeGeneres does keep in shape. Her secret? "No animals, no dairy, nothing processed; a lot of soup, veggies, rice, beans, legumes," says the American Idol judge. "I want to be on my toes; I want to have energy. And as much as the diet seems like a sacrifice, it's helping me."

0 comments: