Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lil Wayne has been jailed, but not silenced. On a new Web site the rapper continues to communicate with his fans via letters written from the big house, and his first letter, appropriately titled "Gone 'til November," was posted Friday.

Lil Wayne arrives at court March 8, 2010. (Getty)In the letter, Wayne describes his life at Rikers Island, saying he thinks constantly of his children and finds himself working out and reading the Bible. "Jail didn’t make me find God, He’s always been there," he writes. "They can lock me up, but my spirit and my love can never be confined to prison walls."

And if you happened to write to Lil Wayne, well it turns out he's actually reading at least some of those prison letters. Wayne responded to three letters individually, and even asked one writer for book recommendations.

Wayne assured his fans:"The same way yall miss me, I miss yall, only 100 times more." Here's an excerpt from the full letter, which you can read at weezythanxyou.com.
Love. Live. Life. Proceed. Progress. That’s who I am and who I’ll always be. You see, we’re all living on borrowed time, so I’m not worried about this situation. Life happens quick. The more time you spend contemplating what you should have done…you lose valuable time planning what you can and will do. Trying to tear down the past prohibits you from building up your future. So for my time here, my physical will be confined to the yard. My love and my spirit, however, know no boundaries.

0 comments: