Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just because Taylor Lautner shows off a ripped six-pack in New Moon doesn't mean he's comfortable doing it again – and again. If the role for a future movie isn't right – sorry, ladies – he won't be baring those famous washboard abs.

"Originally I was supposed to take off my shirt [in Valentine's Day]. The script said we were walking into school and [my character] Willy takes off his shirt. I said, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa. Time out," he tells the July issue of GQ magazine, on newsstands June 22.

"He's gonna take off his shirt in the middle of school?" recalls Lautner, 18. "No, no, no. The reason I took off my shirt for New Moon is because it's written in the book that way. And there's reasons behind it."

Though he's modest about what he will (and won't) show, the Eclipse star does admit his transformation into the hunky werewolf took plenty of time, effort and sweat.

"I'm in the gym, and I'm doing reps, and I'm reading the books, and I'm studying the character," he tells the magazine about his preparation, which included hiring a personal trainer and eating every two hours, mostly meat his parents cooked then packed in a cooler he kept in his car.

"I'm just saying to myself, 'I want this role. I love this role. I'm not gonna lose it. And I'm gonna know it better than anybody and I'm gonna do that extra rep, because I'm gonna be Jacob Black,'" says Lautner.

But his worldwide fame hasn't, however, gotten to his head. "The thing I love is that my home life hasn't changed," says the Valencia, Calif., native, adding that "there's really no point" to moving out of his parents' home and getting his own place right now. "I still help out with the garbage. I still help out with the lawn."

0 comments: