Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lyfe Jennings bid adieu to the music industry and life as he knew it on Wednesday when he was sentenced to three-and-a-half years behind bars.


The R&B crooner, born Chester Bamsu Jennings, appeared in an Atlantacourtroom to face sentencing for firing a weapon and leading police on a high-speed chase following a 2008 domestic dispute with the mother of his two children. His attorneys had hoped for a year, but instead the thrice convicted felon received 42 months starting immediately, with the remainder on probation.

“I did it. I gotta be punished for it and I just want the opportunity to apologize,” a remorseful Jennings told the judge as he fought back tears in the courtroom.

The 37-year-old singer thanked his fans in his last tweet before facing his jail time. “This will be my last post. To everyone who gave me a chance I am forever in your debt,” he wrote. “I have had a fabulous career because of you. All I can say in parting is that I have been honest with yaw. I didn’t sugarcoat a word didn’t hold back a single sylible of my life from yaw.”

He remained positive despite the grim circumstances. “I’ve lived a hundred lives in these 6 yrs so I not only won’t, i don’t have the right to complain. I would like to think that I’ve changed lives by changing my own, tho I can’t be sure. But one thing I am sure of is God gives and takes away in measure. He is fair, just and forever. Amen from aman… Smile, its contageous:)”

Jennings’ fourth album I Still Believe debuted at No. 6 upon its release last month. He had tried to better his life and uplift through his music after previously serving a 10-year sentence for arson, which inspired his 2004 debut Lyfe 268-192.

0 comments: