Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It was a night of lace tights, skirts, and mother-daughter bonding for Madonna and daughter Lourdes Leon, 13, as they celebrated the launch of their Material Girl clothing line Wednesday night at Macy’s Herald Square in N.Y.C. Despite being a fashion icon, Madonna was content to take a backseat when it came to choosing the items for the Material Girl girl. “Lola did most of the work. I just kind of hung out in the background and went, ‘That’s nice,’ but she pretty much did all of the work. I was just overseeing it,” she said. But when your mom is Madonna and you’re creating a fashion line for teenage girls, it isn’t always that simple. “There are some definite pieces [inspired by my mom]. The tulle skirt because that’s like her thing—she made that. The necklaces, the gloves, the lace tights, the combat boots…that tough girly thing,” Lourdes told our friends over @PEOPLE. As for the items in Mom’s closet that she covets most? “All of her shoes are ridiculous! I love to try on her [Christian] Louboutins,” she said. Also on hand for the celebration was Material Girl face Taylor Momsen. “It was such an honor to be chosen by Madonna and Lola. They’re such talented people and I’m just ecstatic,” gushed the Gossip Girl star. The night concluded with the three ladies gathering on the fourth floor of Macy’s, as dancers performed and a DJ spun many of Madonna’s songs. “Lola has been so inspiring and it’s been so great to watch her focus, her determination.” Madonna said. “I’ve achieved many things in my life, but I have to say watching my daughter make her dreams come true and achieve her goals is more exciting than anything I’ve ever done.”

0 comments: