Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ellen DeGeneres on the cover of the April 14, 1997 issue of Timemagazine.  (Time.com)Jane Lynch had a hard time coming out of the closet, and she told Ellen DeGeneres in an interview scheduled to air Wednesday, that she made it easier to be openly gay.

"I used to lay in bed and go, 'How will I come out or will I come out?," she explained in the interview. Lynch, 50, said that when Ellen appeared on the cover of Time magazine in 1997 to confirm her sexual orientation it changed things for other closeted women in show business.

"You were at the height of your fame and you came out," Lynch told her. "And that just blazed a trail for me. It really did. It made it so much easier for me what you did."

Lynch married her wife, psychologist Dr. Lara Embry, in May. She acknowledged that it was probably easier for a character actor like herself to come out as opposed to a leading lady.

"If Julia Roberts we're gay, I think it would be harder," she said. "She's an ingénue."

0 comments: