Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kanye West only debuted his near six-minute track “Runaway” featuring Pusha T at this Sunday’s MTV VMAs, but he’s got even lengthier plans for the video. ‘Ye recently spoke on the 40-minute music video he shot for the tune while front row at the Rodarte show at NYC’s Fashion Week.


“I’m color-correcting this film I shot in Prague a couple weeks ago,” he told New York magazine’s blog “The Cut,” dressed in a YSL jacket over a black V-neck tee. “It’s the story of a phoenix fallen to Earth, and I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world.”

MTV premiered a trailer for the film at the VMAs. “I’ve been feeling the idea of the phoenix. It’s been in my heart for a while,” he explained. “It’s maybe parallel to my career. I threw a Molotov cocktail on my career last year, in a way, and I had to come back as a better person.”

Yeezy recently made a big comeback at the VMAs, where he was joined by fellow G.O.O.D. Music MC Pusha T to close out the show. His as-yet-untitled album is slated for release this fall.

0 comments: