Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Thursday, November 18, 2010

What if "Whip My Hair" was a slow jam?

On his talk show Tuesday night, Jimmy Fallon – as his alter-ego, Neil Young – decelerated Willow Smith's hit single, bringing an emotional warble, some acoustic guitar and harmonica to the self-empowerment anthem. "Don't let the haters keep me off my grind," Fallon, as Young, sang. "Keep my head up, I know I'll be fine. Keep on fighting until I get there. When I'm down and I feel like giving up, I think again."

Midway through the song, the Late Night host got a little help from musical guest Bruce Springsteen, who chimed in on the chorus, adding a craggy, grizzled, "Whip your hair," as Fallon sang.

The guys were mostly stoic in their heartfelt – and affectionately joking – rendition, but we would have loved to see some hair-whipping to accompany the crooning. Next time!

0 comments: