Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Friday, March 26, 2010


Janet Jackson fans holding out for a new album from the pop icon will have to wait. The youngest Jackson is putting music on hold to focus on other priorities.


The Grammy winner tells Rolling Stone that she’s no longer working on her 11th studio album. “There was a time where I was actually in the studio and I was recording, but I’m not working on an album,” she says.

Although reports suggested she was signing with former home A&M Records, Janet reveals she has not settled on a label after leaving Island Def Jam in 2008. “There have been a lot of record labels that have asked me to sit down and talk with them, but I don’t know if I want to do something completely independent, or go with a major.”

Bryan-Michael Cox told Rap-Up.com that he had been working on material for the stalled project with Jermaine Dupri. “I’m producing Janet’s album with Jermaine and it’s going to be hot,” the producer-songwriter said in January.

The 43-year-old superstar has not decided what direction she will go in with her next effort. “I haven’t decided on exactly where I want to go or what I want to do,” she adds.

In the meantime, Janet has satisfied hungry fans with “Nothing,” the first single from the soundtrack to Why Did I Get Married Too?, available now on iTunes. The Tim Palen-directed video is expected to debut next week.

0 comments: