Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Thursday, February 5, 2009



"You guys know your president right? You know the one with the big ears. Yeah, wait a minute, he ain't my president, he might be yours. I tell you that woman he had singing for him, singing my song, she gonna get her ass whipped. The great Beyonce! Now like I said, she ain't mine. I can't stand Beyonce! She had no business up there singing. Singing on a big ole, big ole president day and going be singing my song that I've been singing forever."– 71-year-old Blues legend Etta James dogged both President Barack Obama and singer Beyonce Knowles during a recent concert performance.


James, who Knowles played in the film 'Cadillac Records,' apparently felt snubbed by not being invited to sing her own song, 'At Last,' at the Neighborhood Ball during the Presidential Inauguration where the president and his wife Michelle Obama had their first dance. I can't........ 1st Aretha and now Etta? You know if you older legendary divas feel threaten or some kind of way because you see another legend/icon in the making then shame on you. Maybe the checks slowed down and u need some press? Whatever the case you need to embrace our young black performers, especially the talented ones with class, that WILL be legendary, because with or without Mama Etta, or "Queen" Aretha's blessing we all know Bee Will be a Legend. It just sucks for Bee because you can tell she respects and honor these ladies who paved the way for her, and to be challenged, or talked about by them has to hurt. It's like if Micheal Jordan talked shit about Kobe, or Martin Luther King talked about Obama. It's a shame. My advice to Bee is brush it off because you must be doing something right to have a 71 year old woman talk sh*# about you. And just look to other Legends like Tina, Diana, & Patti that have some class & grace.

Here's what Etta had to say about a year ago when Bee was preparing to portray her in Cadillac Records:

"It’s a privilege and an honor to have somebody like that girl. I don’t think she looks like me, but that’s all right. They can fix that up…I wasn’t as bourgie as she is, she’s bourgeois. She knows how to be a lady, she’s like a model. I wasn’t like that… I smoked in the bathroom in school, I was kinda arrogant, so those are some of the things I would want to tell her."

So to go from saying "It's a privilege" to "she gonna get her ass whipped" is CRAZY.........

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the beautiful thing about celebrities saying or doing ridiculous things is that, as long as they're getting attention, it can be and probably is a good thing; in this case, Etta James is re-introducing herself to a whole new generation