Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Wednesday, May 19, 2010


Salma Hayek used to dream of traveling to space. Now, the actress and would-be astronaut has decided her daughter is the final frontier.

"I reserved my place with the Virgin [Galactic] expedition. And then I got pregnant. And now I'm a mother. So, I'm not going to go," Hayek, 43, tells InStyle in its June issue.

In fact, anything risky is off the radar now that she has Valentina, her 2-year-old daughter with fashion tycoon Francois-Henry Pinault. "I love scuba diving and used to dive where the sharks were, and now? No more sharks," she says. "Everything becomes about the baby. You are in second position, or third."

Not that she's forsaken herself entirely. It's important to feel young and sexy as a mother, she says. "You have to balance everything in your life and while, yes, your children and husband must be important, you have to dedicate time to yourself," she says. "The mother of today needs to find ways to be comfortable and stylish at the same time."

One fountain of youth she isn't drinking from – cosmetic surgery. "No surgical tweaks. No Botox either," she says. "I think it is terrible, these girls in their late 20s injecting their faces and lips. One told me, 'If I kill my muscles now, I'll never get wrinkles.' Can you imagine?"

0 comments: