Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Christina Aguilera is relying on her mother, her son and her closest friends to help her through the emotional turmoil of her divorce from Jordan Bratman.

"It's not easy, and there have been a lot of tears and sadness. It's impossible to redefine yourself and your life overnight," the pop star, 29, tells Redbook in its November issue, on newsstands Nov. 16.

"Thankfully, I have my mom and a small group of close friends who are there for me 24/7 and whom I can trust and depend on. On days when it feels impossible to even get out of bed, much less function as a mother, their support and encouragement have kept me moving forward."


Also, her son Max, who will be 3 in January, remains a source of joy – and someone she can focus on. "Thankfully, I have Max to keep me on a sane path," Aguilera says. "His needs and happiness are my top priorities, and my biggest concern is to protect him and make him feel safe."

Asked about the details of her split, she adds: "Out of respect for my husband, I prefer to keep the specifics private. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to make it through each day."

0 comments: