Beyoncé - "Schoolin' Life"

J.R. Taylor Choreography

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A month before it hits U.S. stores on November 22, Ne-Yo’s fourth album Libra Scale has sprung a leak on the Internet. While promoting the project today in Japan, the singer-songwriter calmly accepted the premature release, but also had some words for those who leaked it.


“It has been brought to my attention that my album was hacked and leaked in the U.S. roughly a month before it’s U.S. release,” tweeted the R&B gentleman. “Initially this angered me. It’s stealing plain n’ simple. But then I started thinking. Why do I make music? To sell records, make money, or is it because I love it, love how it touches people, how it helps people? The honest answer is both.”

Despite his initial feelings, the 31-year-old chanteur has come to terms with the leak. “I’ve come to this place of mental peace. No longer stressing people that steal the music, how it’ll effect my sales,” he shared. “The bottom line is, I worked hard on this project. The music, the concept, the whole lot is for the people, respect or not.”

He also expressed that he isn’t focused on record sales, as long as he’s happy with the material. “Ether way, the music, the concept, the whole lot, served it’s purpose. It gave the people something quality to vibe to. I’m not solely in the business of selling records. I’m in the business of making art. That’s what an artist does, period.”

Of course, he couldn’t resist the urge to take aim at the leakers. “I’LL BE DAMNED IF YOU HACKER FUCKS GET MY NEXT ALBUM BEFORE IT’S TIME!!! FUCK YOU ALL!!!! Have a nice day.”

0 comments: